Please feel free to leave a comment, Be it good or bad.

Monday, 26 May 2014

How it all started

Since my boyfriend and I moved into our own place I have been constantly nagging him about pets (I LOVE animals) first it was hamsters (which I got and then they died a few years later, then Cats (my two gorgeous boys Meecko and Borris whom I adopted from a rescue shelter) and my newest: A Pekingese Puppy!!! I nagged and nagged and then a few days before Christmas (2013) my friend told me about Pekingese puppies that were for sale and there was one left! I quickly phoned my boyfriend and told him about this adorable puppy (I had no idea how it looked) and that we had to get it (bearing in mind that our landlords had said no pets when we moved in and we had already managed to twist their arms for the cats) my boyfriend (Dewet) said we couldn’t expect them to allow another pet (which unfortunately was very true)

A few days past and I was getting ready to go home after work one day, feeling very tired and miserable so I did what any normal girl would do, phoned my best friend to come over so we could open a bottle of wine. I got home and I walked in the door and Dewet was getting ready to leave which was very strange as he never goes anywhere when I get back from work, He gave me a quick kiss and said “make supper I’ll see you later”. Got in his car and drove away. Bianca (my best friend) got to my house and asked where Dewet was and I said I have no Idea, I think he’s gone mad he said he’ll be back later. We proceeded to drink a few glasses of wine and watched a movie when we saw lights pulling into the driveway and then a few seconds later entered Dewet holding a strange towel all bundled up. What the hell is that babe? I asked seeing the big smile on his face, “I know it’s early but Merry Christmas babe” he said handing me the bundle. I slowly unfolded the towel to reveal…

A fluffy dark brown Pekingese puppy!!!!
OMG! OMG! Babe! Really! Its soooo cute! What is it!?Is it a Girl or a boy?
Dewet laughed at me: Relax babe it’s a Girl and yes she’s all yours.
I stood there crying like an idiot while Bianca and Dewet laughed at me.
What are you going to name her? Bianca asked. Ummm maybe Jade? No maybe Cara? Wait I have the perfect name… Lily…. Yes Lily. She was perfect in every way, her squashed nose, and her huge eyes. Like proud new parents we went to show her off to our families, they like us immediately fell in love with Lily. After a long night of bragging and showing off our new ‘baby’ we finally went home only to be presented with a new problem...

Babe she can sleep on the floor! Dewet persisted, But she’s only a baby, what if she gets scared or confused? It’s a new house it’s strange to her, I Insisted. Fine we can sleep on a matrass on the floor, Dewet finally came to see my point and we snuggled up on the matrass with Lily cuddling between us, we finally started dozing off when suddenly an alarmingly loud snore erupted from somewhere underneath the blanket. Yes the tiny little puppy was happily asleep and snoring (apparently everyone forgot to tell us that Pekingese dogs snore because of their squashed noses) And as much as I hate the sound of snoring I loved this little bundle of fluff more (even to tolerate that horrible sound that causes Dewet to mysteriously get bruised ribs every now and then)

xx

Natasha
Dewet's Parents dog with Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment